Public health officials advise one additional death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg Health Region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.3 per cent provincially and 3.9 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 98 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, five cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 93 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,511.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• three cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 31 cases in the Northern health region;
• four cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 57 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,247 active cases and 31,335 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 63 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 79 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 142 hospitalizations;
• 11 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 14 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 25 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 929; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 63 and B.1.351 is 14, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 77.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,575 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 566,327.
An outbreak has been declared at Extendicare Tuxedo Villa in Winnipeg. The facility has been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.