Public health officials advise that no additional deaths in a person with COVID-19 are being reported today.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 6.2 per cent provincially and 5.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 114 new cases of the virus have been identified. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 35,327.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
- three cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 36 cases in the Northern health region;
- nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- four cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 62 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 1,370 active cases and 33,008 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 57 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 78 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 135 hospitalizations;
- 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 19 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 33 ICU patients;
- 2,030 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 606,373; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 949.
Data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. This dashboard will be the main source of information as the B.1.1.7 is becoming the dominant variant in Manitoba. Additional data related to COVID-19, data on outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at the Emerson Health Centre in Emerson. The site has been moved to the Critical (red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
It's important to note, as per the public health definition, when a single case of COVID-19 is identified at a personal care home or health care facility (whether it be resident, patient, staff or visitor) the site is moved to Critical (Red), and listed as having an Outbreak.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.