Public health officials advise nine new cases of the virus that have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. Friday.
The total number of cases in Manitoba is 1,273, and the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.4 percent
The data shows:
- one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- two cases in Southern Health-Sante Sud;
- and six cases in the Winnipeg Health region.
The data also shows:
- 422 active cases and 835 individuals have recovered from COVID-19;
- there are 11 people in the hospital and one person in intensive care;
- and the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 16.
Preliminary investigations indicate that the two cases in Southern Health-Sante Sud are not connected to Bethesda Place. Investigations continue, and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Confirmed laboratory testing numbers show an additional 1,737 tests were completed on Thursday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 142,718.