A 38-year-old Morden woman is in custody after Morden and Winkler Police conducted what they described in a news release as a "high-risk traffic stop" on a vehicle on Morden's Conner Hill Drive Tuesday as a result of information received during a drug investigation.
Information indicated the female driver, and lone occupant of the vehicle were in possession of methamphetamine and cocaine for the purpose of trafficking. However, a search of the vehicle and individual did not yield any controlled substances. Some drug paraphernalia was seized from the vehicle, and it was subsequently towed to Morden Police Service. Police believed the illegal substances remained at the female’s residence in Morden and obtained a search warrant.
A joint police search of the residence on North Railway Street, with the assistance of the Regional Support Tactical Team and Morden Police Service's K-9 Chase, was conducted. The initial search revealed a number of illegal items including one gram of methamphetamine, a methamphetamine pipe, two large knives, two cell phones and numerous empty unused baggies.
Police then located a safe, and were able to unlock it using a key found around the accused's neck at the time of the traffic stop. Inside the safe, police located the following items:
- 20 grams of methamphetamine
- 6.8 grams of cocaine
- 6 containers of various prescription pills including Hydromorphone and Oxycodone
- digital scale
- a replica .357 handgun
- 12 gauge shotgun ammunition
The accused was on a Recognizance issued December 8th, 2017 in Winnipeg, with conditions including not to possess a weapon, ammunition and to keep the peace and be of good behaviour, as well as on a Probation Order issued February 5th, 2018 in Winnipeg with a condition to keep the peace and be of good behaviour. She is also currently on charge by Headingly RCMP for Break, Enter & Commit Mischief, Mischief under $5000.00, Breach of Recognizance and Fail to Comply with Probation.
38 year old Lisa Michelle Strykiwsky of Morden has been charged with:
1. Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (Meth)
2. Possession of a Controlled Substance (Meth)
3. Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (Cocaine)
4. Possession of a Controlled Substance (Cocaine)
5. Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Schedule 1 (x2)
6. Possession of Firearm/Ammunition contrary to Order (x2)
7. Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
8. Breach of Recognizance (x3)
9. Breach of Probation
She has been remanded into custody, and was transported to the Winnipeg Remand Centre where she remains in custody awaiting her next court appearance.