Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.4 per cent provincially and 3.1 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 42 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 41 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 57,028.
Of the 42 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
- 18 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
- two new cases in the Northern health region;
- five new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- three new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 14 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
- 973 active cases and 54,891 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 128 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including:
- 43 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 83 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 126 hospitalizations;
- a total of 31 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
- nine people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 20 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 29 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
- two Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, all of whom are in Ontario;
- 43 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
- no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday;
- 1,596 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 851,231; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,164.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
Meantime, the Province says a total of 9,070 vaccine doses were given during Wednesday's walk-in Vax-a-thon. Twenty-thousand doses were available during the one day campaign.