Flooding in the Municipality of Rhineland has either stopped or stabilized, according to the latest report from the Municipality.
- Water levels in many creeks and ditches continue to drop, however, the Buffalo Creek remains high
- The Pembina River continues to be at major flood stage at Neche North Dakota.
- There is a significant amount of water between the Pembina River and the Border Road.
- Pembina River flood water is moving through the pre-designed crossings in various locations along the Border Road
- Rhineland crews and Manitoba Infrastructure continue to monitor the situation along the international border
- The Gretna Ring Dike is closed by Manitoba Infrastructure due to high water.
- The Public Works Crews are assessing the damage to Rhineland’s drainage infrastructure.
- Road damage appears to be significant. There continues to be water over roads.
- Crews started working to make damaged gravel roads passable. Please be patient, that are many sites that were affected.
- Municipal roads are soft, please be cautious when travelling within Rhineland
A self serve sand bag site is available in Halbstadt at 2145 Road 4E (Halbstadt Community Center) and in Plum Coulee at 215 Railway Ave
A limited number of pre-made sand bags are available for pickup at 227 10 Ave NW in Altona (Altona Curling Club parking)
The Virtual Municipal Emergency Operations Center continues to be open. Stay tuned to local media for any new alerts or warnings.